Equipment Fabrication and Repair & Preventative Maintenance Technician
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for the general repairs and maintenance of specialized machinery and mechanical equipment as well as fabrication of new specialized equipment. Analyzes methods and manufacturing process problems to determine root cause and corrective actions to facilitate continuous improvements. Performs work on variety of gearboxes, rigging, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, screw compressors, vacuum pumps, fluid pumps, CNC machinery and controls, autoclaves, ovens, electrical troubleshooting including logic controllers, analog instrumentation and controls. Fabrication responsibilities include fabrication, design input, raw material preparation, assembly, welding (TIG/MIG/Arc), hydraulic, pneumatic & controls of specialized equipment. Additional work on plant power and lighting systems, HVAC units and freezers and light carpentry, welding and machining.
- Performs equipment repairs as necessary to ensure continued production flow
- Provides preventative maintenance of equipment to include development of plan and documentation compliance
- Fabricates parts to maintain/repair equipment
- Responsible for fabrication of new equipment; hydraulic, pneumatic, wiring, controls, assembly & welding
- Performs facility maintenance as needed
- Troubleshoots machining problems on production parts; to include analysis of rejections/yield problems
- Participates in the continuous review of the manufacturing processes, focusing on opportunities for improvement in productivity, quality, and cost reduction
- Assists in design development process
- Effectively manages job stress and interacts effectively with others in the workplace
- Participate in the discovery, evaluation, prioritization and implementation of improvements to machines and processes.
- Develop and maintain clear and accurate machine documentation: requirements, plans, drawings, solid models, analyses, BOMs, operating instructions and required operator training.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, communicate and mitigate machine, project and company risks.
- Apply resourceful and hands-on approach with a wide range of fabrication methods, materials and mechanical equipment.
- Manage job stress and interact positively and effectively with others.
- Lead, guide or coordinate the efforts of teammates when required.
- Perform various other assigned tasks, responsibilities and projects.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability to:
- Interface with equipment operators, work order originators and engineering staff to complete assignments
- Function independently as well as part of a team
- Mechanically repair equipment
- Basic electrical wiring
- Weld on steel and aluminum (MIG/TIG/Arc)
- Perform proficiently in Word and Excel
- Communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of mathematics
- Perform proficiently in operation of manual machining equipment
- Work on day and night shifts; as well as weekend overtime
Minimum of three years experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience may include a combination of technical school, college instruction and/or work experience.
PLC knowledge is preferred; will provide on the job training
Any combination of the experience, education, training and requirements listed above which provides an equivalent background to perform the work of this position may be considered by management.
This position requires the ability to perform those activities to complete the essential functions of the job, either with or without reasonable accommodation. The position requires continuous and/or frequent talking, repetitive motions of hand/wrists, hearing and handling. Mental activities required by the employee in this position include decision making, interpersonal skills, supervisory skills, teamwork, creativity, customer service, mentoring, use of discretion, presentations/teaching, problem analysis, negotiation, and the ability to perform math and to read, write, speak and understand English. Required physical activities can include standing, walking, stooping, twisting, climbing, balancing, kneeling, bending, crawling, reaching, grasping, fingering, repetitive motions of hands and wrists, sitting, hearing and lifting/pushing/pulling or carrying objects up to 50 pounds. Work is primarily indoors in a manufacturing facility.
- Send resume to email@example.com include job title in the subject line
- Or contact Lori at 509-493-4484 for Job Application Packet